Firstly you will need to check if the dates you would like are available, the calendar on our Booking page will display available/booked dates. If you would like to make a booking please fill in our enquiry form here, we aim to reply to all enquiries within a day.
We will need to know the following:
- Dates you would like to hire.
- Drivers age and occupation.
- Drivers licence information (any points/offences/convictions including codes).
- Reason for hiring (wedding/weekend away/day out).
- Where you are travelling to.
We will reply with an accurate quote dependant on penalty points/convictions. Minor offences won’t make too much difference to the cost.
We require a £150 booking deposit to secure the dates, with the remaining amount due 30 days before you collect the car.
Once the booking is made you will receive an email including all the information you need to know before you collect.
Am I eligible to hire?
If you are over 28 and under 65 you are eligible to hire our vehicle. The insurance cost is a standard amount for a clean driving licence, if you have points on your licence we will require the details and codes of the offences, this may change the insurance cost to us so we will have to pass the cost on, when you enquire please state any relevant information so we can give you an accurate quote.
What documents do I need to bring?
You must bring your full driving licence together with two other forms of I.D.
One of the following:
- Current UK Full Photocard Driving Licence and Convictions Verification Page from the DVLA Database
- Current EU member state National ID Photocard and driving licence
- Current firearms certificate or shotgun licence.Current UK Full Photocard Driving Licence
- Current old style UK Driving Licence (no photo)
And one of the following:
- A credit card statement, dated within the last 3 months
- A notification letter from Benefits Agency/Local Authority confirming your right to benefits (Department for Works and Pensions, Jobcentre Plus, Benefits Agency or Veterans Agency), dated within the last 12 months
- Bank, Building Society, Credit Union statement, dated within the last 3 months
- Council Tax bill (valid for the current financial year)
- Current Tenancy Agreement, from a local council or a recognised letting agency
- HMRC document (PAYE Coding Notice/Tax Notification/Self-Assessment/Statement of Account/NI contributions bill) issued in the last three months or valid for the current tax year – we can’t accept P45 or P60 forms
- Mortgage statement from a recognised lender, dated within the last 12 months
- Sky or cable TV bills, dated within the last 3 months
- Telephone bill, dated within the last 3 months – we can’t accept mobile phone bills
- Utility bill – gas, electricity or water, dated within the last 3 months
We cannot release the car without these documents!
We need to check your licence history online with the DVLA.
There are two ways of producing documents for your licence. The first we will need your driving licence number, postcode and National Insurance (NI) number so we can check your licence endorsements online, if you are not comfortable with sharing your NI number you can generate a code online with the DVLA (valid for 21 days) we can then use the code to access your licence details. Since the abolishment of the paper counterpart this is the only way we can check for any endorsements.
How many miles can I cover?
We provide 100 miles per day, If you would like to travel further afield extra miles are charged at £1.50 per mile.
Will the car be provided with fuel?
Yes, we provide a full tank of premium petrol with each hire, the car should be returned to us with a full tank of premium fuel.
Do I have to pay a deposit?
Yes, we require a security deposit of £1500 which is our insurance excess, this can be pre-authorised on a credit card when you collect, or transferred to us electronically via a bank transfer. The deposit will be returned in full on the safe return of the car to us in the same condition it left (excluding washing).
When is collection/return time?
Collection time is 9am and return time is 6pm unless otherwise arranged.
Can we have more than one driver?
Yes, one extra driver can be added to the policy, there is an extra charge of £45 per day, based on a clean licence.
Can I leave my car with you?
You can, our car is kept in a secure garage and your car will receive the same treatment whilst you are away (your car is left entirely at your own risk)
Can you deliver to my house/hotel?
We prefer collection but we do provide a delivery service to a local hotel or to your home.
Can you pick me up from the train station?
We can arrange collection from Oxenholme train station free of charge.
Can you keep a secret?
We can indeed, if you would like to surprise your significant other for his/her birthday/special date, just let us know when you enquire. We will need you to be sneaky and provide us with their information beforehand. When you arrive we can unveil the surprise from behind the garage roller door. The paperwork can be completed once the cat is out of the bag.
As far as surprise gifts go this is a very good one they will be sure to enjoy, and a memory that will last a lifetime.
Do you offer a chauffer service?
Unfortunately we do not provide a chauffer service at this time.
Can I hire for my wedding?
Yes you can, we provide a self drive wedding package here, if this does not suit your needs please get in touch to discuss an alternative arrangement. We can be a bit easier on the pocket by supplying less miles over more days as it’s sole purpose is for the wedding.
Can I travel outside the UK?
Given the high mileage involved travelling outside of the UK it is unlikely we would provide this service.
Can I amend or cancel my reservation?
We are flexible when it comes to changes, as long as another hire will not be affected you are free to add days to your order. If you would like to cancel we would retain booking deposit. If you cancel within one month of your collection date we will retain 50% of the booking cost + any insurance costs we may have incurred.
What payment methods can I use?
Our preferred method of payment is a bank transfer, we also accept credit/debit cards and PayPal payments.
We cannot accept cash as payment.
What happens if we breakdown?
We provide full breakdown cover throughout the UK, they will bring you and the car back to us.
Can I view the car before making a booking?
We love showing off the Aston, get in touch to arrange a coffee date and we can show you around the car.
Is there a charge for late return of the car?
Unfortunately yes, you will need to inform us if you are delayed returning the car so we can make sure you are fully covered whilst on the road. The 1st hour is charged at £75 and £50 per hour there after, please make sure you leave enough time to return safely.
What if the car is damaged whilst we have it?
Honesty is the best policy, we know that occasionally things may occur. The car will be inspected briefly when you return and also in more detail when we have it valeted, meaning it is likely we will find any damage to the vehicle. If the cost to repair the car is, for example £200, we will only take that amount from your security deposit and refund the remaining amount, you will get a copy of the quote and we will not add any admin fee’s on top.
What if I get a speeding/parking ticket?
Unfortunately you still have to pay, if we receive a ticket through the post we will return it with the hire details attached. We will not add any admin fee’s on top.